My students were learning about cardinal directions in social studies recently. I labeled the room with north, east, south, and west. Then we practiced by dancing to the Compass Slide. This video is just the song. There aren't any lyrics or anything, but it is still good. My students loved it!
After dancing to this, one student came up to me and asked if we could play Simon Says. So then we played Simon Says using directions such as:
-point your toes east
-turn your body west
-look at the north
-point east and west
They loved it and had so much fun learning about cardinal directions!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Each week I will feature a movie here on my blog. It might be a video clip from YouTube, a Brain Pop video, or some other video I've found online. The videos might be motivational, educational, or just funny things!
Here's the best part... I'm inviting you to link up with me each week.
Here's what you need to do to link up:
1. Find a video that you'd like to share with your readers.
2. Download the Movie Clip Monday graphic above by right clicking to save as. Save your picture in a convenient place for you.
3. Write about your video and include the Movie Clip Monday graphic with a link to this post.
4. Come back to this post to add your link to the linky.
5. Visit other blogs and leave comments for someone who linked up before you and come back to leave a comment for someone who linked up after you!