Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tech Tip Tuesday - Schedule Instagram Posts with Hootsuite



This tip is brand new! It just came out last Wednesday and I discovered it immediately! Of course, I had to work on a tutorial for you right away. I had a different tech tip planned, but that will have to wait until next week!

First things first, do you use Hootsuite?

If you do, good! Keep reading and you are ready to go!

If you don't, what are you waiting for? It is such a great tool for scheduling posts to your social media accounts and now it lets you schedule to INSTAGRAM!!

If that doesn't persuade you to try it, I don't know what will.

Read my original post on Hootsuite before trying these directions.

I wrote these with the assumption that you already know how to use Hootsuite.

NOTE: This method does not automatically publish photos to your Instagram account. It sends a notification to your device at your scheduled time and you still have to post it. But it'll send the picture and caption so all you have to do is hit publish.

Are you ready for all the details on how to use it?

The most important thing is to make sure you have updated your Hootsuite app (or installed the app in the first place). It won't work if you haven't updated your app! (I know from experience - I was so excited to figure it out that I rushed through that first step and it didn't work. Had to slow down and actually read the directions.)







I know this was a lot, so please feel free to comment here or email me at techieturtleteacher@gmail.com if you have any trouble at all. I will help you!

This serves the same purpose as Latergram, but I like the Hootsuite way more because:
-I already use Hootsuite so it's easier to just go back to the same account to schedule my Instagram posts.
-Latergram has a limit of 30 uploads a month with the free account. As far as I know, there is NO limit with Hootsuite! :)

What are you waiting for?
Go try to schedule Instagram posts with Hootsuite.
Tell them Cheryl sent you.
Just kidding!
You don't have to ACTUALLY tell them that I sent you.
But go try it!
And then tell all your friends by sharing this post with the directions!

So, are you going to use Hootsuite to schedule some Instagram posts? Am I being a nerd about this tip or do you feel as excited about it as I do??


*****************************

If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!




Follow on Bloglovin




1 comment:

  1. Another fabulous Tech Tip! I'm excited about using this. Thank you SO much for sharing! I've pinned for others to see also on the Technology Tribe Pinterest board! You are amazing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete