Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tech Tip Tuesday - How to Let Participants Link up Early to a Linky Party



If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips. If you give me an idea of what to write as a tech tip and I actually write about it, you will get to choose a product from my store for me to send to you for free as a thank you present.

*****************************

The last 2 weeks, I've shared some tips about about linky parties.  I first shared what linky parties are and then I shared how to run your own linky party on your blog or website.  Today, I'm here with one last tip about how to let your participants link up before the linky party is live.  My tip only works if you have the paid version of inlinkz.  I couldn't get it to work with the free version.  If you use the free version and are able to figure out how to get your participants to link up early, please give us directions in the comments.


The first thing you need to do is log in to your inlinkz account.  Create your linky following the steps in my last post.

Go to your dashboard and find the linky you want to share with participants to link up early.  Then click on the option that says add your links.


You will be taken to a page that looks similar to this:

Copy and paste the whole website address shown in the address bar.  You will give this code to your participants.  Anyone with this link can add their posts to the linky before it is live on your page.

It is important to share the permalink to the host blog post so participants know where to direct their links.  You can find this by looking at your post settings.  Click on the option that says permalink.  Copy that link and share it with your participants.  This is where they need to direct their posts in order to link up correctly.  If your post is scheduled in the future, this link won't work until the future date.

Once you share this link, DO NOT change the title of your post.  If you change the title of your post, the permalink will change and your participants won't be linked up correctly.

Since I need to share a lot of information with participants to link up early, I've created folders in Google Drive to share this with anyone who wants it.  That's what you see at the bottom of some of my linkies.  I share the directions with those who like to link up early.  Other people send out an email with the directions.  You can easily get emails from people who have participated in the past by looking at the details of those who have linked up.

Which linky parties have you participated in recently?  Any good ones that I should check out?

If you are interested in getting the codes for linking up early, you can find them in this folder on Google Drive. Once the link up closes, I will delete the file for that linkup so you can be sure to find the current ones. You don't HAVE to link up early, but the option is always there if you'd like. Just make sure you have the correct publish date/time and have clicked publish. If links aren't working when I check after 7 am EST on publish date, I will delete the link and send you an email so you can link up again after your post is published.



Follow on Bloglovin




1 comment:

  1. I love that you let us linkup early! I just have to focus and get organized, linking up early really does help with that. A Linky Party that I really enjoy is http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/ Five For Friday, not only do I like posting about 5 things from my week, but I also really enjoy reading everyone's post about 5 things from their own week. Lots of great info there!
    Casey @CasedillaCrumbs

    ReplyDelete