Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tech Tip - Screenshot Tip



If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips. If you give me an idea of what to write as a tech tip and I actually write about it, you will get to choose a product from my store for me to send to you for free as a thank you present.

*****************************
Before I begin, I want you to know that I will not have a new tech tip posted next week.  I will be back on 5/12 with my next tip.  That means today's linkup will be open for 2 weeks.  If you choose to write a tech tip this week and next, please link up both posts!

Today's tech tip is a short tip for Windows users.  I have Windows 8.  Not sure if it works for other versions, but you can certainly try it!

Have you ever wanted to take a screenshot of your whole desktop?  Sure, you can use the snipping tool or another tool, but I found a faster way!



Look on your keyboard and find the Print Screen button.  Sometimes it is abbreviated as PrtSc like mine is.


When you find it, you can push it once.  That will take a screenshot of your entire screen and save it to your clipboard.  You would have to open up paint or PowerPoint or Word or another program in order to paste the picture of your screenshot.  Then you'd have to save it.

Now there's an easier way that eliminates a step!

Hold down the Windows key and then push the Print Screen button. 

 +

This will automatically save a picture in your Pictures/Screenshots folder.



Then you can rename the file and move it to any folder you'd like!


If you are interested in getting the codes for linking up early, you can find them in this folder on Google Drive. Once the link up closes, I will delete the file for that linkup so you can be sure to find the current ones. You don't HAVE to link up early, but the option is always there if you'd like. Just make sure you have the correct publish date/time and have clicked publish. If links aren't working when I check after 7 am EST on publish date, I will delete the link and send you an email so you can link up again after your post is published.





Follow on Bloglovin




3 comments:

  1. Just used your trick a minute ago! I'm so spoiled with my Chromebook that I forget how to do things on a laptop and read this at the perfect time!
    www.erintegration.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm pretty sure I've done that before, but I'd forgotten all about it.

    ReplyDelete