Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tech Tip - Instagram - Share to Facebook After it is Published on Instagram



If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips. If you give me an idea of what to write as a tech tip and I actually write about it, you will get to choose a product from my store for me to send to you for free as a thank you present.

*****************************
Last week I showed you how to make sure your Instagram account was set up to share on a page you manage on Facebook instead of on your personal Facebook page.

Have you ever published a photo on Instagram that you wish you remembered to share it on Facebook as well?

I used to do that all the time.  I'd hit share and immediately remember that I hadn't clicked on Facebook.  Since I wanted it to be posted to Facebook, I'd delete the photo from Instagram and start over.  This meant typing the caption and hashtags again.  What a waste of time!

Imagine my surprise when I found out how to share previously posted Instagram photos!

I hope you are excited as I am about this.  No more wasting time if I forget to click on the Facebook option.  I can just go back to the post to share it.


Here's how...

First, find your published photo on Instagram.  Then click on the options.  This is available by clicking on the 3 dots.


Once you click on the 3 dots, this menu will appear.  Click on the option that says share.


Now, you can see my original caption and hashtags.  Since I used Instagram specific hashtags, I want to delete those before sharing on Facebook.  Sometimes I change the caption completely.  You can also add new hashtags or text at this time.  Then click on the Facebook option.


Now you can see the caption and hashtag I want to share on Facebook.  I know that the Facebook option is selected because it is blue.  Once I'm ready, I just have to click the share button in the top right.  Now it'll publish on Facebook.


Here is my published photo on Facebook with the new caption and hashtag!  I published this photo about 7 hours after I posted the original photo on Instagram.


This tip works really well when you want to try to reach a wide ranch of followers.  I had 15 likes on Instagram when I published this to Facebook.  In 20 minutes, I had 6 more likes on the photo on Facebook.  If you know when your followers use each social media account, you can try to reach more people at the peak times.

Try it out and let me know how it goes!


If you are interested in getting the codes for linking up early, you can find them in this folder on Google Drive. Once the link up closes, I will delete the file for that linkup so you can be sure to find the current ones. You don't HAVE to link up early, but the option is always there if you'd like. Just make sure you have the correct publish date/time and have clicked publish. If links aren't working when I check after 7 am EST on publish date, I will delete the link and send you an email so you can link up again after your post is published.





Follow on Bloglovin




No comments:

Post a Comment