Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tech Tip - Instagram - Share on Facebook Page you Manage Instead of Personal Page



If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips. If you give me an idea of what to write as a tech tip and I actually write about it, you will get to choose a product from my store for me to send to you for free as a thank you present.

*****************************
Do you use Instagram for your TpT store?  If you don't, you should start! It is quick and easy. Many sellers are using it to drive traffic to their stores and blogs. Jump on the bandwagon now! You won't regret it. While you are there, you should follow me.

Next question - do you manage a Facebook page for your store?

If you've answered yes to both of those questions, you'll want to keep reading. I have a tip that will make it easy to connect your Instagram account to your Facebook page.


Instagram defaults to sharing on your personal Facebook page. But I know you don't want that! You want to share your Instagram photos on your store's page.

Follow these directions on a phone or an iPad. It won't work on a computer.

Log in to your Instagram account on your phone or iPad. Go to your profile by clicking on the option on the right. Then click on the wheel in the top right corner. This will take you to your account options.
Once you are in your options, scroll down until you see the settings and find the linked accounts option. 

You will see the sharing settings. Click on the Facebook option.


You will see that it'll default to sharing to your timeline. This is your personal page. Click on it to change it.


You want to check the button next to the Facebook page you'd like to link. Since I only own the one page, it is my only option under pages. Once the button is clicked, it automatically saves it for you.


Then when you try to post a picture, make sure the Facebook option is on. You can see that it is because it is blue. When you share your picture, it'll upload to Instagram and your Facebook page.


Try it! Makes it easier to share with your followers when you only need to upload the photo one time! 



If you are interested in getting the codes for linking up early, you can find them in this folder on Google Drive. Once the link up closes, I will delete the file for that linkup so you can be sure to find the current ones. You don't HAVE to link up early, but the option is always there if you'd like. Just make sure you have the correct publish date/time and have clicked publish. If links aren't working when I check after 7 am EST on publish date, I will delete the link and send you an email so you can link up again after your post is published.





Follow on Bloglovin




10 comments:

  1. I needed this! Still so new to IG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Couldn't figure out how to do this before! Just tried it and it worked! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Thanks for letting me know that it worked for you as well!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tips! Now I need to grow my FB followers page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujah! I could not figure this out on my own! Thanks so much!
    ~Jennifer
    Stories and Songs in Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just trying to figure out Instagram, so this is just the type of information I need.
    Thanks, Cheryl!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so super helpful! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete