Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tech Tip Tuesday - Hootsuite



If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips. If you give me an idea of what to write as a tech tip and I actually write about it, you will get to choose a product from my store for me to send to you for free as a thank you present.

*****************************


I just learned about Hootsuite a month or so ago and I love it.  With Hootsuite I can schedule posts to Facebook and Twitter.  I use the free version and it does plenty for me.

Visit Hootsuite and create an account.  Here are the accounts that I've connected to Hootsuite.  I can post to these sites directly through Hootsuite.


When I want to schedule a message in Facebook or Twitter, I use Hootsuite now.  I don't use the scheduling feature on Facebook anymore.  Using Hootsuite saves me time because I get to go to one place to schedule my messages.

This is what the compose message box looks like on Hootsuite.  First, I select the profile I want to use for my message.  I can select one, two, or even all.  It's up to me!  Then I compose my message in the large box where it says compose message.  It will tell me how many characters I have left for each of the social media accounts.  I can add links and shrink them down.  I can attach files, pick a date/time for my posts, add a location, pick targeted profiles, and look at the privacy settings.

Right now, you see that I have it set to AutoSchedule.  Hootsuite will pick a day/time that they think is best for the post.

Or you can pick your own date/time for the post.  Posts can be scheduled in 5-minute increments.


There is also a feature where you can view other social media accounts in one place.  You can see that I have Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Blogger set up to view.


This feature is great when I'm using my computer and went to check on my social media accounts without needing to go to each specific site.

There are some other features that you can explore on your own or wait until another post by me for more information on Hootsuite.  I didn't want to overwhelm you today.

So go sign up for an account and see what features you like.

If you want/need more information, you can read this article.

Do you use Hootsuite?  What is your favorite feature?



Follow on Bloglovin




3 comments:

  1. Oh cool! I just signed up for HootSuite, but I don't have the slightest idea what I'm doing. Just stopped by to link up, but will be back tonight to read. :)
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to keep everything all in one place!
    Thanks,
    Stacie
    Smocus Smocus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! And I just linked up also thanks to Stacie's suggestion.

    ReplyDelete