Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tech Tip Tuesday - Hootsuite Hootlet Browser Extension



If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips. If you give me an idea of what to write as a tech tip and I actually write about it, you will get to choose a product from my store for me to send to you for free as a thank you present.

*****************************



Last week I introduced you to Hootsuite.  Today, I want to introduce you to a browser extension called Hootlet that you can use with Hootsuite.  It is a browser extension for Google Chrome.

If you are using Chrome, you can go right to Hootlet to follow the instructions in order to install it on  your browser.  If you aren't using Chrome and you want to, click here to take you to the website in order to download this browser.

Once you have Hootlet installed, you are ready to use it!


See that little owl that looks like he's peeking out from the side?  That's the Hootlet icon that will appear on your browser once it is installed.

If you're reading something that you want to share, you just click on the owl icon and a message box will pop up.

Example - I was just reading an article about Hootlet.  If I wanted to share that article with my followers, I can click on the owl icon.  This box appears.  It automatically puts a title in there for you and then shortens the url for the page.


At the top, you will choose which social media site/sites you want to post on.
Then at the bottom, you choose your options - autoschedule, schedule, send now.

AutoSchedule - posts it for you at an automatic time
Schedule - you pick the day/time for it to be posted
Send Now - posts it immediately

Another option I found is when you are browsing on Facebook.  See how it added a Hootlet option to the bottom of this post?  I can click there and schedule this to be posted on my own social media sites.  The same options as above pop up in the compose box when I click on Hootlet.


If you are looking at Tweets on Twitter, you also have the option of scheduling posts on Hootsuite by clicking on the little owl icon at the bottom of the Tweets.  Again, the same options pop up for you to be able to share this content on your own sites.


Do you like to autoschedule your posts or just schedule them yourself?


Follow on Bloglovin



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for all of your tips! I am loving Hootsuite, Hootlet, and IFTTT! Such time savers!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success

    ReplyDelete