Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February Pinterest Pick 3



I'm so excited to join up with other bloggers to bring you our top Pinterest picks of the month.  These will be fun activities you can do with your students throughout the month.  I'll be back each month with my top 3 picks and I'll link to it on Pinterest so you can access it yourself!

Since this falls on a Tuesday, I'm making all my pins technology related.  So not my usual Tech Tip Tuesday.  I'll be back with a new tech tip next week.  But you can still link up with a new tech tip on last week's post.  I'm leaving the linkup open until my next tech tip.



Valentine's Day Shape Poems


You can use this interactive site with your students right before Valentine's Day.  They can write a heart shape poem.  Students start off by brainstorming words about a heart.  Then they give their poem a title.  They can print off their poems when they are finished.


Heart-shaped DIY Photos


I thought this idea was really cute.  Attach a cutout of a shape (preferably a heart for Valentine's Day) to the end of your camera lens.  Then when you take pictures, the lights in the background turn to heart shapes.  If you follow the links in the pin, it will give you step by step instructions.  I have not tried this activity, but I'd love to break out my photo and see what happens!


If I Were President

This pin links to many different President's Day technology activities.  I liked the one that linked to Scholastic's site.  Students fill in their answers to a quiz about what they would do if they were president.  This is for upper elementary students who have some background knowledge on presidents.  It could be done just for fun or you could make it a real assignment where they actually have to think about their choices.

I hope you enjoyed these Pinterest activities.  Try them in your classroom!  Now, go check out everyone else's pins.  Hope you find something fun.  Make sure you check back next month to see what I have for you in March!

If you'd like to link up with us, grab the buttons from my post and share your top 3 Pinterest picks!  Then add your link below.




Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I love the valentine shape poem idea! I will definitely put this great idea to use in the classroom. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the presidents day technology activities! I am going to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool camera trick! I need to try that out! Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the camera trick! Now just to get a good camera to do it:)

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete