Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Story Behind My Logo


I'm linking up with Art by Jenny K to bring you the story behind my logo.


My logo came from my store name.  When I started my store back in August 2013, I had just finished my masters in educational technology.  I wanted to include technology in my store name somehow.  That's where I came up with the "Techie" part of my name.

I love turtles.  I think it probably started with my love for my college mascot - a Terrapin!  My classroom theme is turtles.  I have many stuffed turtles around my house as well.  That's where the "Turtle" came from.

Lastly, I loved the alliteration of "Techie Turtle" and I added "Teacher" to the end of my name.

This is the 2nd version of my logo.  My first version was made without much knowledge of designing things for TpT.  I was so ready for a new logo after a year of selling on TpT.  I used some ideas I learned from Krista Wallden's VIP Memberships and some of her clipart to redesign my logo and my blog.

Feel free to check out the other stories behind the logo and link up with your own story!  Make sure you read the directions on the original post.  You can find those directions here.

Also, don't forget about the MD sellers giveaway happening right now!



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up and sharing your story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I love your design and your logo! I keep wanted to do one of Krista's VIP memberships. Maybe one of her monthly ones.

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success

    ReplyDelete