Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tech Tip Tuesday - Paper.li


If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips. If you give me an idea of what to write as a tech tip and I actually write about it, you will get to choose a product from my store for me to send to you for free as a thank you present.

*****************************
What is Paper.li?
Basically, it's a way to view posts from different social media accounts in one place.

I logged in with my Twitter account.  You can log in with Twitter, Facebook, or just sign up regularly and input all your information.

After you log in, scroll to the bottom to see the option for creating your own paper.

You can also view a video on how to create a paper.  Click on create paper and you will see a screen that looks similar to the one shown below.  Enter a title for your paper.  I've entered Test Paper so I can show you some things you can do with Paper.li.  After you type the name of your paper, click on the green next button.

This is where you will enter the content of your paper.


Type in the content you are interested in.  If you are a TpT seller, you could type in your store name so content that is posted about you is published in your paper.  You could also search for education and branches of education that apply to you.

I searched for my TpT name and sorted through the results.  I clicked on the green plus sign to add the results I wanted to my paper.

After I added that result, I deleted what I searched for and searched for other things - Teachers Pay Teachers, edtech, technology, flash freebies, etc.

When you finish adding content, click on the green create my paper button.


It will take you to another page that is preparing your newspaper.

Wait for that to finish.  Then you can view your paper.


Your paper will change once every 24 hours.  With the free version, you can update it more often, but you have a limited number of times you can do so every 24 hours.  In the paid version, you can update it as often as you'd like.

Now you can view one site and get updates from many different places.  It sorts the updates based on categories.  You can see my categories at the top of the paper.

If you don't want to create your own paper, you can search for other people's papers.  You can find people that have similar interests and check that each day.

How else could you use Paper.li?  Can you think of a way to use this with students?

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Cheryl,

    This is SO cool!!! Can't wait to check it out. Thanks for sharing :)
    Julie
    My Techie Teacher Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I thought it was pretty cool when I found it. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is great. I saved it in my pocket. Is this what people are talking about when they announce that their daily paper is out on twitter? I have been trying to figure that out. Did I miss a link to your paper? Can you send one to me?

    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's how I found it. I just clicked on the link and decided to explore more. I don't use my paper very much yet. But here's the link: https://paper.li/TpTTechieTurtle/1419798172

      Delete
  3. That's pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing your tips. I love stopping by your blog and look forward to the Bloglovin' emails when you're listed in them! :)
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete