Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tech Tip Tuesday - Embed YouTube Videos in Blog Posts



If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips. If you give me an idea of what to write as a tech tip and I actually write about it, you will get to choose a product from my store for me to send to you for free as a thank you present.

*****************************

EDIT 1/26/15:  I found that embedding your videos this way does not enable you to pin your video to Pinterest easily.

So follow these steps if you want to make sure your video can be easily pinned.

1.  Go to YouTube and find the video you want to post.  Click on the Share button underneath the title.



Then click on Embed.  See the code?  Copy that and paste that into your blog post.

Now your video is able to be pinned on Pinterest!

Embedding YouTube videos into your blog posts is easy!  I'm going to show you how to do it using Blogger.  If you don't use Blogger, you should be able to search to find how to embed videos on your blog platform.

1.  Open up a new blog post like what you see here.  Find the insert a video button on the toolbar.


2.  Click on the insert a video button.  You will see a popup window that gives you the option to select a file.

There are many ways you can insert a file.  For now, click on From YouTube.


3.  In the box, you can type search terms or you can paste the link of the video.  I've pasted the link of the video that I want.  Then click on the blue button with the magnifying glass.  This will search for your video.


4.  Click on the video that you want from the list.  (For some reason, my other choices were not appropriate for me to leave showing, so I covered up the other options.  There were a total of 3.)  Then click on the blue select button.


5.  It will post the embedded link into your blog post.  You cannot preview the video from here.  If you want to make sure it works, you'll have to publish the post.


6.  Compose the rest of your post and publish your post.  This is what you will see when you have a published post.  From there, your visitors will be able to click on the play button and the video will play in the post.

Now you are ready to start embedding YouTube videos in your blog posts!




Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great tip! I used it to add video to my Tech Tip Tuesday post!
    ~Stacie
    www.smocussmocus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete