Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pick 3 Pinterest Linky - January


I'm so excited to join up with other bloggers to bring you our top Pinterest picks of the month.  These will be fun activities you can do with your students throughout the month.  I'll be back each month with my top 3 picks and I'll link to it on Pinterest so you can access it yourself!



New Year's Resolutions Faces


This is perfect to do during the first few days back after winter break.  All you really need is paper.  You can get fancy like the teacher did in this picture and give every student a noisemaker.  Students will write a new year's resolution on a piece of paper shaped like a hat.  They can draw their face or make a face out of paper.  Then they can glue their hat to their face.


Marshmallow Points Classroom Management Idea


If your students need a little extra motivation to behave in January, you can try this idea.  Make the mugs out of paper and a plastic baggie.  Each time the class behaves (you can set up the specific parameters) they will earn a marshmallow in the baggie.  When the baggie is full, they can earn a class reward.  The teacher who pinned this idea gives her class a hot cocoa party when they fill the mug.  I wouldn't be allowed to do that because of our food policy, but I could do a movie party.


I Have a Dream Clouds

This activity is perfect to help students celebrate MLK day.  After teaching students about MLK, you can have them brainstorm things that they dream of.  Then they can make these I Have a Dream Clouds.  You just need some paper and some string.  You can tie the clouds to a hanger or just hang the clouds from a larger piece of paper.

I hope you enjoyed these Pinterest activities.  Try them in your classroom!  Now, go check out everyone else's pins.  Hope you find something fun.  Make sure you check back next month to see what I have for you in February!

If you'd like to link up with us, grab the buttons from my post and share your top 3 Pinterest picks!  Then add your link below.




Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Cheryl, I've been using Marshmallow Points ALL December! It's awesome! My kids LOVE it! Thanks for the tips.
    Kimberly
    Loving Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 'I have a Dream' clouds. They would look great hanging from the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to have marshmallow points! What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pins! I'm doing some goal setting too, and the marshmallows would be just perfect for this time of year, when following the rules begins to break down a bit! I love the MLK clouds too. Thank you so much for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the marshmallow idea...will be a great help in the next couple of week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ideas! So cute! Love the dream clouds! :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marshmallow mug!!! LoVe it! Thanks for sharing!
    Palma (from KFUNdamentals)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that marshmallow behavior incentive! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete