Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tech Tip Tuesday - Google Timer


If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips.

*****************************
A few months ago, I showed you how to use an online timer called Online-Stopwatch.  After using this one for awhile, I've found another one that I like even better.

Google Timer is easier!  All you do is search for Google Timer.

This is what shows up:

You can start the timer right there if you need something quick and easy.  If you make sure the volume on your computer is turned up, you'll be able to hear when the time is up.

If you want the full screen version, click on the box to the right of the time.  It will show you the full screen version with the option to exit.  You can use this version to display through a projector so your students can see how much time is remaining.

When you search for Google Timer, the default is 5 minutes.  That means it'll automatically set the timer to 5 minutes.  You can change this by adding the time you want to the search box.  You can see my example of 30 minutes below.

Google Timer only counts down.  If you want a timer that is also a stopwatch and counts up, you definitely want to use the Online Stopwatch that I showed you before.

What online timers do you like to use?


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment