Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tech Tip Tuesday - Forward Gmail Emails


If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

Click {here} to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips.

*****************************

Do you have a few email addresses you'd like to read using only one account?  If you answered yes AND  you use gmail, then you are in the right place!

Sign in to your gmail account that you want to forward to another email address.
Example - I've signed in to my techieturtleteacher account because I want to forward those emails to my personal account so I can check my email on my phone using only one account.

Once you've signed in to your gmail account, find and click on the gear.  Then click on the settings option (shown below).


At the top of the settings page, you will see many different options.  Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option.

That will open up the forwarding page.  If you want to forward email, make sure you have selected the forward a copy of incoming mail to option.  After you select that, you want to click on add a forwarding address.  I have it circled in the picture below.


Once you click on the add a forwarding address button, another window will pop up.  This is where you can enter the forwarding address.  In this box, you will type in the address where you want to read the emails.  This is different from the address you are forwarding.

In this box, I typed my personal email address where I want to read my techieturtleteacher emails.  Then I clicked next.

It asks you to confirm the email address in order to proceed.  Click proceed and then click ok.  It will ask you to confirm.  To do this, you'll need to open up the email from that address.  Follow the directions in that confirmation email.

Then whenever you receive an email, it will automatically forward to your personal email address.

Maybe you only want certain emails to forward.  That's where filters come in.  Check back at a later date to learn how to use filters in your email!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment