Thursday, September 25, 2014

Weekly Tips for Teachers - Random



Today's tip is a little different.  Now that the school year is a few weeks old, I wanted to take a moment to remind you (and myself) of a few things.

So, here's my top 5 reminders for the school year.  I know I will be looking at this often throughout the year.


5.  It's pretty self-explanatory, but don't spend every evening and all weekend doing work.  Do things you like to enjoy.

4.  Write everything down to reference next year.  I need to get better at this.  I write down plans but usually not in enough detail to remember the next year.  Or I change things at the last minute and don't write those down.

3.  This goes along with number 4.  I reflect on lessons constantly but don't write things down that I changed or want to change.  I want to get better at that to make things easier the next year.

2.  I definitely let things pile up throughout the week and then I spend time on the weekends grading and planning.  If only I could do a little bit each day and then I wouldn't have to work so much on the weekends.

1.  The school year does not last forever!  Even though it may feel like it does.  Summer break will be here again.

What would you add to my list of reminders for the school year?

Now, head on over to Kelsea's page to see this week's tips for teachers!
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I personally like #i. But it is waay too early in the year to feel that way.
    Thanks for the reminders!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I figured out to make a list of everything probably my 4th year teaching and it was such a huge help for the following years!

    ReplyDelete