Friday, September 5, 2014

Freebie Friday - Cool to be Back at School Community Building Cards



Today is Friday and that means another freebie!

Today's freebie is something I found when searching for fun back to school products on TpT.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Its-Cool-to-be-Back-at-School-Community-Building-Activity-Cards-653076

There are 56 cards with open-ended questions.  You can use these as time fillers to help you get to know your students and have them get to know each other.  I personally like these because they fit perfectly into my routine.  Every morning we have something called PRIDE time - which is essentially circle time.  The students sit in a circle.  I share the day's schedule and then ask a question.  The students pass my "talking turtle" around in a circle and answer the question.  The student with the turtle is the only one allowed to talk.  I struggle to come up with interesting questions, so this is perfect.  I can keep these cards near our circle area and just pick one each day.  I know there are only 56, so that won't get me through the whole school year, but it's a good start.  And then I can use some of the other questions that I've written down throughout the year.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Its-Cool-to-be-Back-at-School-Community-Building-Activity-Cards-653076

Thanks Teacher Features for sharing these with us!

How else would you use these in your classroom?

Are you interested in submitting your freebie to be featured on my blog and Facebook page?  Click {here} to fill out the form for consideration.
 photo signature_zpscb20f6f9.png
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment