Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Top Summer Treasures

It has been awhile since I've been here.  Life really took over and I needed a break.  But I'm back.

My summer is about halfway over, but I'm treasuring every moment.  Despite spraining my ankle and scraping my knee in a fall 2.5 weeks ago, I am doing everything I can to enjoy this summer.  Since I have 8 weeks of summer, I thought I'd share my top 8 treasures from the summer.  These are in no particular order.

1 - Catching up with friends.  My friends seem to be neglected during the school year.  I'm usually so exhausted that most of the time, I only see them on the weekends.  So it's difficult for schedules to match up.  Many of my friends are teachers, so we've been able to catch up during the day.

2 - Running errands during the day.  This one is pretty self-explanatory but I love being able to go to the grocery store during the week day and not fight crowds.

3 - Going out to lunch with my fiance during the week.  I don't get to go out to lunch during the school year.  I love being able to pick my fiance up from work to go to lunch in the middle of the day.

4 - Being able to watch my tv shows at night without falling asleep.  During the school year, I can't sit on the couch and watch tv.  I either fall asleep immediately or I get involved in a project and don't really pay attention to what I'm watching.  During the summer, I've been able to focus on my shows and stay awake.

5 - Reading books for fun.  During the school year, the only books I pick up to read are ones I'm going to use in reading group.  I've enjoyed being able to read books for me.  In less than 4 weeks, I've been able to finish 2 books.  That's a record for me lately.  It's so relaxing to get lost in a book.  I'd love to be able to incorporate reading for pleasure in my school year life.

6 - Working at my own pace.  There are so many deadlines to meet during the school year.  I've really enjoyed working when I've felt like it and not been stressed about getting things done on time.  I've been making things for my classroom and my TpT store, but only when I feel like it.  I definitely don't feel any pressure to get things done.

7 - Organizing my house.  My house has still been disorganized since our basement flooded last fall.  I never really had time to clean through things and organize it.  I've been able to clean out our hall closet and our spare bedroom this summer.  Definitely makes things easier to have an organized house.

8 - Rolling over and going back to sleep when my fiance's alarm goes off.  Another treasure that is self-explanatory!  During the school year, my alarm goes off first.  This summer, I've enjoyed being able to say goodbye to my fiance and then rolling over to go back to sleep.


What are your top treasures of the summer?  Feel free to link up below.



 photo signature_zpscb20f6f9.png
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment