Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tech Tip Tuesday - Story Cube Creator


If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

*****************************
Before I get to today's tech tip, like always, I'm looking for your help.  I really want to make sure I'm giving you what you need in terms of weekly tips.  If there's something you are dying to learn, please let me know.  Or maybe you're interested in sharing your technology expertise with my readers.  Either way, I'm open to suggestions.  Click here to fill out my form if you are interested in helping me improve my tech tips.

I came across a fun, interactive website that students can use during reading and writing.  There are so many things you can do with the Cube Creator.  Students can fill out a story cube after reading a story or they can use the story cube to plan out a piece of writing.

I am so excited about this resource but I don't know how I can make it work in my classroom.  Unfortunately, I don't have a computer to use in my room anymore (at least I didn't last school year).  The one I had died and it was not able to be replaced.  I could take my whole class to the computer lab to use this resource at the same time, but I'd really love to be able to use it during center time.

So here's how it works...



You start off by entering your name.  Then you choose which cube you'd like to create.  I used the story cube and filled out information about a story I want to write.


After typing in all my information, I clicked on finish.  It gave me options to print my story, save a draft, save the final copy, and share the final copy.  From this screen you can also create a new cube.


I saved my cube as a pdf and here is my final product.  Students can print it out and use it to write their stories.  Think of it as an interactive story map in a different format.

What are your favorite websites to use with reading and writing?

Check out a list of other weekly linky parties from TeacherKarma.

 photo signature_zpscb20f6f9.png
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment