Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tech Tip Tuesday - Literacy Leveler


If you want to join the linky, grab the Tech Tip Tuesday button.  Post about a technology tip.  Then link up below!

*****************************
Today's Tech Tip Tuesday is from Jessica at Mrs.Plemons Kindergarten.

Hello! I'm super excited to be guest blogging with one of my favorite new apps for leveling books in your classroom library.



It is the Literacy Leveler by Fikes Farm, LLC. I downloaded it because it was available for free for a short time, and it is usually 4.99. But after using it I would definitely say it is worth every penny!  Here is how it can help you in the classroom.

First it is super easy to use.  You just scan the barcode on the book (in that top part, it was impossible to get a good screenshot with a barcode, lol) and boom it gives you the lexile level, dra level, and guided reading level! It's that easy :) 


Every book I tried had at least a lexile level, but most had all three levels listed in seconds!  Even some of the harder to find scholastic books.

Next, you can search for books by title, author, Lexile, DRA, or Guided Reading level.  I love this feature for finding lower level guided reading books for my kinders.

 When you find and scan books you can save them to your library to look up later sorted by when you scanned them or alphabetically by title.


 So overall this is one of the easiest to use and fastest way I have found to look up reading levels for books that I have and I love it! I hope it makes your life a little bit easier :)
 photo signature_zpscb20f6f9.png
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment