Sunday, February 23, 2014

Liebster Award


Thank you Ellen from Mrs. Briggs Class for nominating me for the Liebster award.  I am so thrilled and excited about this!

The Liebster award is for new blogs and even though mine isn't so new anymore, I was still nominated.

The Liebster Award is an award for new blogs. Liebster is a German word that means: BELOVED, CUTE, LOVELY, DEAREST, and WELCOME.
To accept the nomination I must:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator (Ellen)
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them

 

Here are my nominees:

Mrs Bearfields Class

Kristy from Mrs. Bearfield's Class writes tutorials for new bloggers.  In fact, you will see her on my blog as a guest blogger!

Stories and Songs in Second-button
I love reading Jennifer's Stories and Songs in Second blog.  She has amazing ideas that I can't wait to try with my students!


Create.Educate.Inspire

Create.Educate.Inspire is another new blog I've come across.  I love Suzanne's idea about posting limited time freebies on her blog.  I can't wait to use some of her resources with my students.
 




Teach Two Reach is someone I follow on Facebook and I just found her blog.  I am overwhelmed with all the ideas on her blog!
http://pawsitivelyteaching.blogspot.com/
I love the design of Pawsitively Teaching.  It is so cute!  I'm looking forward to reading more 2nd grade posts on her blog!


Here are my questions from Ellen:
1. How long have you been teaching? This is my 6th year.  I subbed for 2 years right after college, including a few long-term positions.  I taught 5th grade my first year, switched schools and went to 2nd grade for 3 years.  Last year, I taught 5th grade again and now I'm back in 2nd grade. 

2. Coffee or Pop? Neither!  I don't like the smell or taste of coffee.  I gave up soda 2 years ago.

3. What inspired you to start blogging or join TpT? I finished my masters in educational technology last summer and blogged through my program quite often.  I wanted to continue it, so I started my blog.  After starting the blog, I decided to start my store on TpT.  It was the best decision ever!

4. What is your favorite thing to teach in the classroom? I love teaching math even though I have a challenging class this year.  I would love to teach math all day, every day!

5. What made you want to become a teacher? My 5th grade teacher was my inspiration.  She loved teaching and made learning fun.  I wanted to be just like her!  My mom is friends with her now and I still see her every once in awhile.  In fact, she attended my sister's wedding 2.5 years ago and I know she will be invited to mine (when that time comes)!

6. What grade do you teach currently/What grades have you taught in the past? See question 1.  I'm in 2nd now, but I've also taught 5th.

7. What is your go-to, favorite outfit to wear to school? Jeans day on Fridays with one of my school shirts.  I love being comfortable!

8. What is your favorite thing to do after school? Relax on the couch with a glass of wine or hanging out with friends.

9. How often a week do you update your blog? Not as often as I'd like right now.  I have Tech Tip Tuesdays, but I'd love to post more than just technology tips.

10. What do you do with your summers? The past few years, I've babysat for 2 girls.  I also finished grad classes.  I'm looking forward to a completely free summer this year (well, minus working on adding products to my store!!).

11. What is your biggest pet peeve in your classroom? No names on papers!  I spent time grading last night and there were many missing names.  I hate having to play detective.


Here are 11 random facts about myself:
1.  I'm going to be 30 in April and I'm not really looking forward to it.
2.  I love turtles.  My classroom is full of turtles.  I would love to own a real turtle as a pet one day.
3.  Sports are a huge part of my life.  I'm an Orioles season ticket holder.  My parents have season tickets for Maryland football and basketball.
4.  I wasn't a dog person until my boyfriend and his dog moved in with me.  Now I love having a dog!
5.  I became an aunt last October to a sweet little boy.  I don't see him as much as I'd like because my sister and I both have very busy schedules.
6.  My boyfriend and I have to use matching silverware, plates, and cups.  If not, it bugs me so much!
7.  I like nice, even numbers in my classroom.  I love 20 because you can group students in many different ways.  Don't know how I'm going to handle 19 in homeroom and 17 in math now that one of my students moved!
8.  I usually fall asleep during movies.  In order to stay awake, I need to be doing something else while watching.
9.  When I go to bed, I have to sleep on my stomach.  If I'm on the couch, I can sleep on my back or side.
10.  I've owned my house for 4 years now.  Time has flown!
11.  I hate doing laundry and washing dishes!



Here are my 11 questions for my nominees: 
1. What grade do you teach and why do you love it?
2. When do you grade papers and plan your lessons?
3. What is one piece of advice you would share with new teachers?
4. Who are your favorite sellers on TpT?
5. What is your favorite subject to teach?
6. What is your favorite dinner recipe?
7. How do you spend your weekends?
8. What is your favorite season?
9. Share a technology resource that you love using in your classroom.
10. If you could have an unlimited supply of one school supply for your classroom, what would it be?
11. What is your typical bedtime on a school night?



I am looking forward to seeing the responses from my nominees!



 photo signature_zpscb20f6f9.png
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited! Thanks so much. I loved learning a little more about you! I also hate laundry and washing dishes..that's why I've awarded my kids the duty of folding clothes and loading the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so honored! Thank you so much for nominating me! Here is my post about the award... http://createeducateinspire.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html

    I can't wait to pass it along! :D

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete