Monday, December 23, 2013

Snowman Activities

Friday (the day before winter break) was Snowman Day in my classroom.  We had fun making different snowman crafts and enjoyed a snowman snack.

The first activity we did was name snowmen.  The students cut out snowballs (one for each letter in their name).  They glued the snowballs to blue paper to look like a snowman.  Then they decorated the snowman.


The students also made melted snowmen. I gave them a small white paper bowl. They turned it upside down and glued it on a piece of white paper cut to look like a puddle. They decorated the face and the puddle to look like a melted snowman.

After the crafts, we had our snowman snack. Unfortunately, I was not able to take any pictures of the snack because it was crazy trying to pass out all the materials. I should have spent time putting things together earlier.

Anyway, I gave each student 3 small white donuts.  Then they got 2 pretzel sticks to use as the arms.  I gave them 4 Skittles (2 for the eyes and 2 for buttons).  They built their snowman and then got to eat it.  I'm sad I don't have pictures to share.

It was a fun way to end school before winter break.  I hope you are enjoying your winter break!  I know I am liking all the free time to do what I want to do and not doing things for school!

-Techie Turtle Teacher
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment