Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Introducing Tech Tip Tuesdays

Tech Tip Tuesdays are here!  (Thanks to 2 snow days in a row, I came up with this idea!)  Each week, I will provide you with a different technology tip or tool to use in your classroom.  I'm going to start off posting ideas that I discussed in my grad school program.  I created a blog for one of my courses and I'm going to post about some of those ideas.

My first tech tip is a website you can use to create presentations.  It used to be called Edcanvas, but it is now called Blendspace.  https://www.blendspace.com/

The layout is similar to Facebook pictures where you can comment on the side.  These presentations can include pictures, links, and videos.  I used it as a review tool for my students.  They read information or viewed a video about a geometry concept.  After reviewing the information, they answered practice problems using the website IXL.com.

If you want to see my presentation about 5th grade geometry, click here.

There are many different ways Blendspace can be used in the classroom.  If you have used it before, please comment and tell us about how you used it.  If you haven't used it before, how do you think you could use it in your classroom?  Be sure to tell us your grade level and/or content area!

I hope you enjoyed my first Tech Tip Tuesday.  If you have any specific questions about technology tips or tools, please post them here.  You might be featured in future posts!  Check back again next Tuesday for your next tip!

-Techie Turtle Teacher
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment