Monday, December 30, 2013

13 in 13


I'm joining in on the Thirteen in 13 Linky Party.  It is hosted by Miss Kindergarten, a teeny tiny teacher, and Dragonflies in first.  So excited to highlight 13 things from my year!

1.  Lots of renovations to my house.  I got blinds in the kitchen, a new storm door, a garden, and had to completely re-do the basement after my sump pump stopped working and flooded the basement.



2.  First Valentine's Day with my boyfriend.  I had to work late on Valentine's Day because it was conferences.  Chris brought me dinner and we celebrated the following day.  My present was a fondue pot, so we made cheese fondue.  I baked him the heart cake.  It was a wonderful day!

3.  Maryland beat Duke!  It would turn out to be the last time Duke would visit Comcast Center since the Terps are leaving the ACC.  Very exciting game!

4.  Chris and his dog moved in unofficially during March.  Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to show this, but I needed to highlight it.  It was a very big moment during 2013!

5.  My 29th birthday was spent at O's Opening Day!  It was a very exciting game.  Chris Davis hit a grand slam to win the game!  I was so happy to be there!


6.  I flew to California over Memorial Day weekend to go to a family friend's wedding.  It was my first time in California and I loved it!  San Diego was amazing and it was a beautiful wedding.  I had to leave Chris at home, but he took care of the house for me!

7.  In June, Chris was in his best friend's wedding.  It was a hot day, but another beautiful wedding!  This picture is from the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.

8.  July was an emotional month.  I finished my last grad class and my portfolio to officially finish my grad program.  The day after I submitted my portfolio, Chris' dad died.  I was able to spend the whole week with him and his family.  The month ended on a happy note because I found out I officially passed my internship and thus, I was done with grad school!  This is a picture of the cake my professor made to celebrate the end of the program.

9.  In August, I started my Teachers Pay Teachers store and this blog.  I also went back to work.  I started my 6th year of teaching.  I moved back to 2nd grade after spending the 2012-2013 school year teaching 5th grade.  I am out in a portable this year.  It took awhile to figure out how to set up my space, but I did it!

10.  September was spent going to O's games and Terps games.  With the help of my mom, we threw a baby shower for my sister.  It was a wonderful day celebrating baby Brayden and his mom.  We were all anxiously awaiting his arrival.  This is a picture of my mom, sister, me, and my dad at the baby shower.


11.  October was a busy month!  The month started with my cousin's wedding.  It was on the water and a warm day!  This picture makes it seem like summer, but it was definitely the first weekend in October!  The basement flooded during the middle of the month.  Thankfully I was covered by insurance so the damage wasn't too bad!  A week or so later, my nephew was born!  I love being an aunt!

12.  November is always a crazy month between report cards, American Education Week, and conferences, I'm ready when Thanksgiving rolls around.  This year, it was late, so November felt like a really long month!  Chris and I celebrated our first anniversary!  We went to Melting Pot the day after.  This picture is from Melting Pot.  Our waiter wanted to help us celebrate!

13.  That brings me to 13!  Somehow, I fit 12 months into 13 different things.  December was a fun month.  Chris and I started new traditions for Christmas.  My favorite things were getting a present from Brayden and the Chris and Cheryl ornament from Chris' mom.

I know I missed some things, but it was hard to only pick 13 things!  I am looking forward to 2014!  It's going to be a great year!
 photo signature_zpscb20f6f9.png
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment