Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fall Is... Writing Activity and more

It's been a busy week.  I spent most of my week trying to catch up on lesson planning and grading.  There were too many meetings during the school day and I couldn't get enough work done during the day.

We have had a lot of rain since Wednesday night.  I woke up this morning to find that my sump pump had stopped working and I had a lot of water in my basement.  I've been up since before 7 this morning dealing with everything.  Luckily I was able to get someone out to replace my sump pump early this morning.  That is fixed but I can't get someone out to help with the water damage until Tuesday.  My boyfriend and I made a trip to Lowe's to buy a wet vac and he used that.  It will have to do until a professional can come out.

Anyway, while I was waiting for the plumber to come out this morning, I started working on some products for my store.  I finished my Fall is... Writing Activity.

I signed up for the October FB Frenzy.  It seemed like a lot of fun and I was able to get the last spot for the 2-3 board.  I had to develop a Halloween activity.  I spent many days thinking about what I could make.  I finally decided on creating Halloween themed math facts games.  I spent this morning and a good portion of this afternoon making my product.  I think I'm done unless I decide to add more games.  I currently have 5 games in my product.  If I have some time between now and Friday when the Frenzy starts, I might add some more.  I would love to use these games with my students when it gets closer to Halloween.  They would love it!

I can't post my product anywhere yet and that is something new for me.  Usually I post my products as soon as I finish them.  This one has to wait.  But here's a preview so you can see what I'm working on!

I had tickets to go to the Maryland-Virginia football game today.  But with the threat of rain, I decided last night that I didn't feel like dealing with it.  Then when I had to deal with a wet basement, I realized I really couldn't go.  I'm watching the game now and it looks like the rain has stayed away.  I miss not being there, but I think it was the right decision to stay home today.  Get to relax and get some things done here.

What have you been up to this weekend?

-Techie Turtle Teacher
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Your Halloween activity looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Check out my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/techieturtleteacher) starting on Friday and you can get it for free during the FB Frenzy!

      Delete